Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Worms















On Monday, the girls and I took Frank fishing for a father's day treat. We headed up to The Cove in Gore, VA so that we could also swim in the lake as well. Other than about 12 other people, we were the only ones there.
The girls had a weird fascination with the nightcrawlers. Katelynn just had to take them out of the container and hold them all in her hand. They draped down on either side like gigantic live spagetti noodles. I'd fuss with her, and she'd put them back in the container, wipe her hands on her shirt and dive into the dorito bag for a snack.
Before I'd know it, she had take another worm back out again.
I'd get after her, but she was determined to explain:

"But, Mom! I just want to pet him. I love him. I want to kiss him."

Yew.

Oddly, I understand the kissin' part, for I used to do it all the time as a kid -- but with toads.
"Okay, Katelynn, that's enough. Put it back in the container."

The next time I turn around, it's not Katelynn in the worms, it's Lacy.
She was practicing tying knots. Using nightcrawlers.
Again, Yew.

(Actually, I was a little impressed. Now who's weird??)

So, in a nutshell,
No one else ate Doritos thanks to Katelynn.
We all got lots of sun and had fun in the lake.
I caught a nice bass.
Jenna slept in the shade for 2 hours.
Lacy decided she wants to join the Boy Scouts. You get a badge for tying knots, don't you?
Frank got to spend some rare relaxation time.
We all got to visit with Talon and his parents.
(Talon was our little boy we had for a few months at the beginning of 2007.)
We introduced the girls to Twinkies.
We wore the girls out.
I got my prince.





2 comments: