Monday, July 13, 2009

Pickles and Ice Cream

Today, I asked Frank if he was still in it for "better for worse, richer or poorer, in sickness and in health..."

It seems like in the last week or so, we've had our ups and downs in each of those categories. (I'm happy to say I feel much better now than I did over the weekend, by the way.)

I asked him this because today we celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary. Cool. Our 13th on the 13th. We didn't do anything too special today. As a matter of fact, I ended up helping Mom and Dad can bread and butter pickles. 18 pints, to be exact. We had planned on canning on Tuesday, but Mom is going back to the doctor tomorrow to have them check her new pacemaker. Every time she lays on her right side, the muscles around the pacemaker thump. Please pray that it's something they can adjust without her having to have another surgery.

So, since we got the pickles completed pretty early, I asked Frank if he'd like to go out on a little date.
But, unlike 13 years ago, we had 4 kids in tow as we drove away. And, rather than traveling down the highway toward Front Royal and that beautiful little cabin by the creek, we headed to the Cone Zone.

Four ice cream creations later, we sat with our kids, enjoyed the cool evening breeze, fed Matthew his first ice cream, and couldn't have been happier.

Oh. Franks answer?
Pretty much the same thing inscripted inside my wedding ring:
"With all my heart."


Happy Anniversary, Honey. I love you!

4 comments:

  1. I saw the title and the first thing that popped into my head was "Samantha's pregnant." LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frank laughed and asked the same question when I told him the title, too! The answer is most definitely NO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary to two very wonderful people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was so sweet it made me want to cry. I love you guys.

    ReplyDelete