Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Student - 1, Teacher - 0

Yesterday for handwriting, I had Lacy write down a little paragraph about Abraham Lincoln. It went something like this:

Happy Birthday, Mr. Lincoln.
February 9, 2009 is the bicentennial of Lincoln's birth.
"bi" means "two"
"centennial" means "hundred"
That means Abraham Lincoln is two hundred years old today!
Let's have a party!

But before I could finish writing, Lacy informed me -- in a way only an eight year old can --
You know, where every syllable sounds more like two...

"Mom, Abraham Lincoln's birthday is NOT today. It's on the 12th. That's not until Thursday. If you don't believe me, go look it up on the computer."

So I did.

One point for the little squirt.

I guess this means that the cake I secretly baked in the shape of his hat will need to be hidden in the back of the freezer. Thank goodness I hadn't frosted it yet.

So...anybody wanna come for a party on Thursday?

One more thing.
I betcha read Lacy's comment using the double-syllable version, didn't you??
thought so.

No comments:

Post a Comment