Monday, March 2, 2009

Our eyes see flies. Our eyes see ants. Sometimes they see pink under pants.

The title of todays posting comes from one of my favorite authors. He would have been 105 today. Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!
Did you know that he wrote "The Cat in the Hat" on a dare?
No one believed that you could write a book with any kind of setting, interesting characters or a plot using simple, basic sight words for a beginner reader.
Well done, Mr. Geisel!
What was your favorite Dr. Seuss book?

1 comment:

  1. Love them all, but the quotes I have used most over the years are I think from One fish two fish...

    "I do not like this one so well. All he(or she) does is yell yell yell. I will not have him in hte house. When he comes in I put him out.
    This one is quiet as a mouse. I like to have him in the house."

    And my other favorite - I do not know - go ask your Dad!

    ReplyDelete